[mythtv] Myth complaining about missing LCDs

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Wed Feb 9 01:46:28 UTC 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Allan Stirling wrote:

> Wow! This looks familiar ;)
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/105023?
> search_string=Allan%20Stirling;#104031

Looking at that now... I guess it's a tribute to the consistency of
globalsettings that we independently produced the same code. (I don't
have an LCD, I just stuck my nose in this thread by chance.) Or if you
prefer, "great minds think alike." :)

By the way, I think the instability with your version was because you
skipped all the initializing, but left m_server_unavailable as false,
so it would use the uninitialized "connected" and "socket" variables in
connectToHost() during startup. Maybe this time around, your idea will
finally make it into CVS.

- Jer