[mythtv] [Bug][Patch] SetBookmark putting String "NULL" in db

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 8 04:51:07 UTC 2005

> no comments?

Can you send this a third time? :)  Some of us have pretty hard heads. :)

> Just in case I'll describe the symptoms this "Bug" has here:
>
> After clearing a Bookmark from a recording the Icon on the View Recordings
> Screen is still showing (Titivillus Theme). This was caused by SetBookmarks
> setting the value of Bookmark to "NULL" and not NULL on clearing the
> Bookmark.

This explanation helps, the first time I saw your post, I knew the
ProgramInfo::GetBookmark code was doing a sscanf on the value retrieved from
the bookmark column, so I figured the NULL was getting sscanf-ed to 0 so I
couldn't think of the bug you were seeing.

> I can't really believe I'm the only one who is affected by this? Or is it
> just a matter of QT/mysql-Version?

I confirmed it on my machine so the patch is now in CVS.  Thanks.  I also
added code to dbcheck.cpp to convert any existing occurances of the string
"NULL" to literal NULL in the recorded.bookmark column.

--

Chris