[mythtv] Streaming Prebuffering Pause

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Tue Feb 8 01:03:33 UTC 2005

Yesterday I upgraded to the CVS snapshot (about noon central time); a
ivtv driver and kernel upgrade also accompanied this.

Anyway, when I hit the Pause key while viewing either
live tv or recordings, then on resume the frontend will hang
with infinite streams of Prebuffering Pauses.  The only thing
to do is Control-C the window and restart.  The backend is
not affected  Sometimes, the stream will stop after ~50 and
play will resume, but most of the time its hung.

The front and backend are both running on a 1400 P3,
plenty of ram, 4x10K scsi disks.  I'm using XvMC.
If I turn off XvMC, the problem seems to go away.
There is no problem fast forward, rewind, etc.
This same machine and
cards ran fine for the last 8 months before the upgrade on
0.15 and 0.16.  The play is perfect before
hitting the Pause key.

Brian