[mythtv] MPEG/other audio timecode problem

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Mon Feb 7 22:15:29 UTC 2005

> Mark, can you confirm the symptoms you're trying to fix?
>
> I have 2 different audio problems in my setup, and I don't know where
> to start looking to fix either of them:
>
> - audio and video out of sync by varying amounts, sometimes it's OK
> other times it's out of sync by almost a second. Doesn't seem to be
> affected by pause/unpause.
> - audio chunks aparently mis-ordered resulting in jumbled/clicky
> sounds, fixed (if you're lucky) by pause/unpause

not misordered.
2 effects depending on videotimebase or audiotimebase
with audio time base (my normal mode) after a certain point in the
recording, everything shows in ultra slo mo
with the sound in bots with silence between. this is for a transcoded dvb
recording.
with a non transcoded dvb rec you get massive lipsync issues but it does
sort of recover as the timestamps eventually align again after about 1.5
secs.
not sure of the effects on videotimebase havent checked.
transcoding just makes it worse.
looking at the code will affect PS and TS dvb recording and anything
streamed mpeg. other stuff will have different conditions and will occur
less frequently.
Only happens to some recordings. if anyone recorder charmed last sunday in
melb you will see the effect about 7 min in. not sure about the rest of aus.
I want to fix it in libavformat/utils if thats allowable isaac. iehter
retimestamp the playback or retimestamp the pts/dts in the recording phase,
which will fix the playback phase but default.
cheers
mark