[mythtv] Recent BUG: deleting from Watch Recordings

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Feb 6 15:16:45 UTC 2005

> Just to be sure: will making the item _appear_ inactive also prevent
> users from performing any action on it? (Like popping op its meny and
> selecting play or whatever) Strange things might happen otherwise I
> imagine :-)

The answer: no.

I would have much rather seen the queries to find recorded programs just
have a new check to see if the delete field was set. Instant response as
before, no playing a program when you just deleted it (this does happen, it
happened to my other user last night, I can reproduce it with CVS as of 15
minutes ago).

Then you just kickoff a thread in the backend to gather all deleted programs
and delete them (ensuring that something will be deleted eventually). No
fancy mutex to keep thing synchronous, the new threat is having a show that
failed to delete not reappear which could be easily fixed by having the
delete thread disable the delete field if deletion failed.

--
Anduin Withers