[mythtv] OSD overlap

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Sat Feb 5 16:27:25 UTC 2005

This isn't really a bug, so much as a WAF problem :-)

I am running the CVS version from Feb 2, with the new ivtv code, on a dual
tuner 250/350 system. I'm using the 350's TV-out, with ivtv 0.2.0-rc3j.

I have the "Always use browse mode when changing channels in LiveTV" option
turned on.

Here's the sequence to reproduce the problem:
1. Use remote up/down arrows to choose a new channel, using the OSD.
2. Press Enter to jump to the channel.
3. Before the OSD disappears, press up or down again. The new browse OSD
appears on top of the old one, and is unreadable until the old one finally
disappears.

The effect is even worse for the green channel number, since that takes
longer to disappear than the program info OSD.

I think it's really cool that MythTV/ivtv are able to handle multiple OSDs
at the same time like this, but in this case it just results in a jumbled
mess. I think that the old OSD and channel number should be immediately
removed before the new ones are displayed, rather than waiting for the fade
out.

Dan Wilga
dwilga at mtholyoke.edu