[mythtv] Upgrading from DVB patch 3.5 to CVS

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 20:09:29 UTC 2005

When upgrading from DVB patch version 3.5 (schema 1062) to the current CVS the
following errors are spewed out:

2005-02-04 20:02:24.606 Upgrading to schema version 1063
DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
Query was:
ALTER TABLE channel ADD COLUMN useonairguide TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 0;
Driver error was [2/1060]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate column name 'useonairguide'

Looking at http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/patches/install_directions.txt
it is apparant that schema version 1062 is supposed to have useonairguide, so
this doesn't appear to be a problem with my setup. If I delete the column
useonairguide then I get further errors and end up deleting many columns and a
few whole tables before it will shut up - of course by this point the DB is
unusable!

Is there a way to upgrade from DVB 3.5 to current CVS?

Regards,

Chris Birkinshaw