[mythtv] frontend hangs on livetv error

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 3 19:51:11 UTC 2005

Quoting Jonathan Sass <jsass at magnifeye.com>:
> I too am having similar issues with signal strength changing for
> pcHDTV.  Would it be possible to modify the code so the front end shows
> something like a test pattern if the channel signal is too low?  Can
> someone point me to the source where it  might be appropriate to make
> changes like that?

This problem has plagued any digital TV card.. PCHDTV and linuxtv digital
cards..  John Pullan and I have looked into this, DTK has also done some
investigation into this.. We have some ideas of how to fix it, and will find a
solution at some point, but don't expect anything in .17 for sure.. Its mostly
into code that none of us have spent much time on, and I think all of our time
has been fixing the dvb codebase to work much better than .16 ever was not
fixing this issue..