[mythtv] HDTV Reception

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Thu Feb 3 08:40:13 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Doug Larrick wrote:
]I use an antenna in the Yagi family, 25-30 miles from the transmitters
]in Boston.  One of these:
]http://www.antennasdirect.com/42xg___extreme_gain_42_element_y.htm
]From what I understand, the corner reflector flattens out the frequency
]response somewhat over a normal Yagi.  On this particular antenna, the
]stacked arrangement of the rods flattens the beam (reception area),
]which is no great loss for terrestrial signals; this means it can use a
]relatively few segments and still get good gain.

>From the picture it looks like two stacked UHF log periodics that have
been turned around to point at a reflector. "Yagi" here seems to be
marketing speak for 'directional antenna'.  In any case, I'm envious of
your antenna ;)

-- Daniel