[mythtv] DVB: choosing language of EPG

Tomi Orava tomimo+mythtv-dev at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Thu Feb 3 12:40:41 UTC 2005

> Hello,
>

> Here in Finland some of the channels send the EPG in two languages;
> Swedish and Finnish. I couldn't find a way to pick the language in
> MythTV. Is there any?
>

> If there is no way, is it going to be implemented soon? I can also
> do it by myself, but I would be grateful for somekind of pointer for where
> to start. I need to know how to add settings to the setup menu (the
> preferred EPG language code). The EPG parser thing should be
> straightforward to do.

As Jesper here said, the CVS-version does have a working support for
defining EPG-language, although the GUI is currently missing.
I tested the feature on yesterday evening and to me it seems that
PreferredLanguages-setting works just fine.
--> No more all swedish program descriptions on finnish tv-channels.

Tomi