[mythtv] HDTV Reception (was: DVB Driver for the pcHDTV HD-3000)

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Feb 3 07:08:07 EST 2005

> For HDTV you usually want a UHF Log Periodic. These are much smaller
> than the traditional VHF antennas, i.e. shorter rods, closer spacing.

 	So HDTV stations are usually put on UHF then?  Good to know.  It's
actually not that difficult to make a log-periodic antenna for UHF since
the sizes are good.  Not so big as VHF, but not so tiny as 802.11, say.
I've made a number of them myself and they work great.... check out the
AARL handbook for a HOWTO for anyone interested.

-Cory