[mythtv] Re: pvr-350 performance patch - simplified

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 3 08:33:40 UTC 2005

I'd thought about it but I would prefer to move to the installed header
rather than a copy of the header file so this was a start in that direction.
If you have an installed header file this functionality was there always so
the only problem would be saying you want to compile for 0.2 and then
reverting to a 0.1.9 driver so it was really an assumption that this would
work, but I am not that worried and yes in this case we could detect and
revert to the old code.
In the original patch there were other things that worked around bugs in
0.1.9 which couldn't be detected at run time in the same way so the #ifdef
was used for changes in the behavior of the prep_dma call as well where
0.1.9 needed page aligned starting points and 0.2 doesn't.

So I guess I'm not that worried. I don't really want to maintain ivtv header
files in every dependent project (and myth isn't the only one) but now that
ivtv.h is simplified in the driver it would be easier than it was before
since we should be able to just copy a new version in occasionally.

John