[mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Feb 2 19:12:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 10:36 -0800, Mark Goodman wrote:
> >>The recorder doesn't cope well with channels that can't be recorded over
> >>Firewire.
> >>

> >What do you mean?  I've been testing the patch for over a week without
> >too many problems...
> >

> mythfrontend doesn't recover if I switch to a channel that can't be
> recorded over Firewire. I have to pick a recordable channel on the 6200
> outside of MythTV.

Ahh... that.  It should bring you back to the main menu most times.  In
any case, it should only happen if a valid channel isn't broadcasting at
that moment.  Also, there are (rare) cases when you *might* need to
unplug/replug in the firewire cable.

What does your backend (and frontend) log say when this happens?

	-I