[mythtv] eit fixup question

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Feb 1 16:45:08 EST 2005

Taylor Jacob <mailto:rtjacob at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Quoting Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se>:
>> I'm working on adding a new eit guide fixup function for swedish
>> dvb-c provider comhem. For example the title and subtitle is always
>> duplicated in the description, and the stuff in the subtitle shoud
>> probably not be there to begin with.
>
> I'll take a look and see if there is something wrong here or not..

Comhem sends the dvb short description also in the extended description.
So you get subtitle as: "country. category. year. "
And description: "title  country. category. year.
rest_of_the_description."
(year is optional)
And somtimes the guide contains text like "american drama from 2004" but in
swedish, so in that case you have the same informatioin in 3 places.

I can deal with this in the fixup function prety easily, i think.

>> Is seems that mythbackend is smart enough to only insert new data in
>> the program table. Is there an easy way of convincing mythbackend
>> that it needs to insert the data anyway? It woud help during
>> debuging of the eitfixup function.
>
> I just clean out the program table when I am testing..

Ok, so that works? I tried that but got only partial guide data.
But maybe that's because mythtv doesn't switch channels and check for guide
data on other channels.
So i might have been wrong in my asumptions.