[mythtv] $1,000 offer for a Myth front-end socket control

Brandon Stoll mrmagoo at mrmagoo.org
Thu Dec 29 13:11:31 EST 2005

On 12/29/05, Nate Carlson <natecars at natecarlson.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, michael.anderson at plutohome.com wrote:
> > Yes, this task is completed.  Chris finished the code, we sent him the
> > money, and his code works great.  I think he's committing it to the main
> > Myth branch.
>
> Chris, is this commited yet? Sounds like cool functionality.  :)

> | nate carlson | natecars at natecarlson.com | http://www.natecarlson.com |
> |       depriving some poor village of its idiot since 1981            |

Indeed.  I'm a bit curious as to how it was done and such.  I hacked
together a web-based remote using lirc/TCP for input, but there is no
way to guarantee that an event sent via lirc actually occurs, nor any
way to know where you are at in the program.  I was planning on
eventually cleaning the code up more and integrate it to mythweb, but
if this code is actually going into SVN it'd save me some time.