[mythtv] Recording multiple channels on a single DVB transport

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Dec 23 06:05:40 EST 2005

> I may be wrong, but it doesn't look (to me) like the difficult bit is
> with the physical recording infrastructure.
>
> It's with the scheduler. Maybe I'm just not good enough at SQL, but I
> don't see an easy way to rewrite the big ugly query so it's aware of
> dtv_multiplex 'deeply' enough.

Agreed, but like with all things, fixup the recorder and someone else
might come along and help out with the scheduler...

Actually I think it might be possible to fix this by adding a concept of
"channel groups".  Now you can assume that you have as many "recorders"
as you have "channel groups", and suddenly we are back in business again

Ed W