[mythtv] Broken AV sync after mythtranscode

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:14:04 EST 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 12:53, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 12:33:52 -0500, Steve Adeff wrote:
> [...]
> > does mythtranscode run mpegs through projectx? this could help alleviate
> > any a/v sync and other stream errors.
> Can ProjectX be controlled via command line only?
> Doing so would also introduce a dependency on Java, which is not what
> everyone wants I think.
> Regards,
> Tino

It can, and yea, Java, but if it fixes the problem...

sadly, there are not native apps for linux that do this, which would obviously
be best. if I could code I'd be rummaging through ProjectX's source and doing
this since I use it so often, sadly I don't, so I can't, so it will be a

there are some win32 apps that do similar to what ProjectX does in fixing
streams, though what ProjectX is really good at is fixing A/V sync issues in
mpeg files, from what I've read by people in "the know", its an uncanny