[mythtv] Debian apt packages

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Thu Dec 22 09:41:26 EST 2005

I tried sending a message to the creator of the mythtv project on
alioth, but have not received a response. It will be very unlikely that
there will be a nightly package for sarge and etch. What I understand is
that packages are submitted to sid, they are tested for a while then
moved to testing (etch) and after they have gone through extensive
testing and bug fixes then move into stable (sarge). If we want the
project to get into the official Debian archive, we need to plan for
this type of flow. Those who want nightly snapshots will have to run sid
or at least etch. You could back port the nightly, but you run all kinds
of dependency problems.

If anyone on the Mac dev list can give the Debian packagers a nudge to
answer or e-mail me, I'd like to see the project move forward.

Robert LeBlanc