[mythtv] XvMC - where'd it go?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sun Dec 18 22:14:25 EST 2005

On Sunday 18 December 2005 08:15 pm, you wrote:
> Quoting Brian Foddy <bfoddy at visi.com>:
> > Using a snapshot from today,
> > ./configure --arch=pentium3 --enable-proc-opt --disable-joystick-menu
> > --enable-dvb --dvb-path=/usr/src/linux/include --enable-xvmc
> >
> > # Video Output Support
> > x11 support      yes
> > xrandr support   yes
> > xv support       yes
> > XvMC support     yes
> > XvMC VLD support yes
> > XvMC pro support no
> > XvMC libs        -lviaXvMC
> > OpenGL vsync     no
> > DirectFB         no
> >
> > # Misc Features
> > DVD playback     no
> > Frontend         yes
> > Backend          yes
> >

> > The frontend was previously running .18.1, with XvMC enabled so
> > its in the database.  However its not playing with XvMC, and I can't
> > find any option in the setup to re-enable it.  No other changes to the
> > frontend machine.
>
> Did you look in setup/tv settings/playback? Preferred MPEG2 decoder
> should be Standard XvMC. This is svn rev 82something (too lazy to login
> and cal svn to find out what exactly).

I was looking there, but found its a new control type I missed.  However
it still doesn't help.  I set either Standard XvMC or VIA XvMC won't
play using XvMC, there is an error message on the frontend console:
2005-12-18 21:10:25.929 VideoOutputXv Error: Unable to create XvMC Context,
status(11): BadAlloc
2005-12-18 21:10:25.929 VideoOutputXv Error: Could not open XvMC port...

                        You may wish to verify that your DISPLAY
                        environment variable does not use an external
                        network connection.

$DISPLAY = :0