[mythtv] OSX build issues and patches

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Dec 14 09:47:57 EST 2005

Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> writes:

>>> The Xinerama stuff at least, will be contained in /usr/X11R6/lib/
>>> libXinerama.dylib.
>>
>> OK, I'm confused.  I was under the impression that we'd be using
>> Qt/Mac, not Qt/X11.  Is that just wrong?
>
> 	No, you are right, David.
>
> 	I purposely _dont_ have X11 installed on my main machine,
> so that issues like this don't crop up.

I'm trying it without X11 on the new Mac mini I bought for this
project, but it's painful for me because I'm an emacs user, and the
emacs you get without X11 is practically unusable.  We should try to
find a way to make the script impervious to these problems, or a good
50% of people who try it will fail.  Maybe re-ordering the paths so
that the downloaded directories are first would help?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting