[mythtv] Re: mythtv 0.18.1 build failure with GCC 4.1

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 13 03:06:40 EST 2005

On Monday 12 December 2005 19:50, Anduin Withers wrote:
> > > I know gcc 4.1 is not out yet but Red Hat is confident enough it's been
> > > pushed to Fedora Core Devel (my distro).
>
> <snip>
>
> > Also, for clarification, are there other complications, like x86_64, or
> > is this straight 32-bit? Also give the current svn branch a try (I'll do
> > the same).
>
> You used to only see that error with -pedantic, anyway it was legit but DTK
> applied a patch that fixed it in SVN
> (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7850).

Thanks much for the pointer, Anduin. I figured it might be fixed in SVN
already, just having a bitch of a time getting a stable gcc 4.1 system using
the Fedora devel tree (its broken as sin right now for numerous packages, and
FC5 test1 is a train wreck), so I haven't even got around to trying to
compile anything with gcc 4.1 yet. I'm almost there though. Once I am, I'll
see what I can do to patch up the 0.18 tree...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com