[mythtv] XvMC

Brad brad at thethorntons.net
Mon Dec 12 14:31:45 EST 2005

Dan-

I'm in the same boat as you are, I've got an Epia SP1300 running as a
frontend.  I tried Ivor's suggestions without any luck, but I would be
interested to hear if it works for you.

I was getting the following errors:

DRM memory allocation failed
(EE) VIA(0): XvMC ViaXvMCCreateSurface: Unable to allocate frambuffer
memory!

I played with a couple thing trying to reduce the number of XvMC surfaces,
here were my attempts, all with out luck.

1) I made a change to the database (mysql> select * from
xvmc_buffer_settings; )
2) Also- Per Ivors suggestion I reduced it in the code:

Comment out:- (about line 730)

// if (vld)
// xvmc_buf_attr->SetNumSurf(16);

in videoout_xv.cpp

Reducing it to 8 there allowed the file to play although the screen is just
filled with garbage and I still get errors.

I did copy some of the files over and they played fine with Xine.

I hope this helps, maybe we can get enough information between the two of us
to work toward a fix.

cheers,

Brad