[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8217 by cpinkham

Pascal Favre Pascal.Favre at gmx.net
Sat Dec 10 05:44:09 EST 2005

: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8217 by cpinkham

>      Author: cpinkham
>        Date: 2005-12-10 05:26:27 +0000 (Sat, 10 Dec 2005)
> New Revision: 8217
>   Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8217
>
> Modified:
>
>   trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> In the PlaybackBox, if useRecGroups and/or useCategories are defined, then
> make sure that the recgroup and/or category is also non-empty before adding
> the recording to the list again.  I think this may be the reason some people
> have reported seeing recordings appearing twice on the Watch Recordings screen.
> A similar patch was posted on -dev back in August but appears it was never
> applied or was lost in the changeover from the UseCategoriesAsRecGroups
> setting to the newer useRecGroups/useCategories way of doing things.

I had the same issue with 18.1 and I do not use the svn version, but I downloaded it, and saw the code changed.
The problem I discovered in 18.1 was:

programs/mythfrontend/playbackbox.cpp: 1232 (Release 18.1)
from
                    if
(gContext->GetNumSetting("UseCategoriesAsRecGroups") )
                    if (gContext->GetNumSetting("UseCategoriesAsRecGroups")
&& p->category != "")