[mythtv] FC4 PowerPC MythTV packages

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Dec 7 19:43:48 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:16:37PM -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:13:31PM -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 05:25:42PM -0500, Doug Larrick wrote:
> >
> > > pkg-mythtv on alioth was set up by PowerPC Debian users who would like
> > > to get more of MythTV working on PPC Linux.  See the linux-ppc archives
> > > at lists.debian.org for more details.  I'm sure they'd be happy to use
> > > their space for SVN etc. of the mainstream MythTV packages for Debian.
> >
> > Along the lines of Linux/PowerPC MythTV packages... I have a full set of all components needed for Fedora Core 4/PowerPC sitting in wait at http://people.atrpms.net/~jwilson/fc4-ppc/ (along with a ton of other stuff). No metadata for automated installs yet, but if anyone wants to play with MythTV on FC4/PPC, please feel free to have at it...
>
> Whoops, they aren't all there just yet, need to rsync the rest of 'em out. Coming soon...

They're there now, though I think a few lib packages (not needed for Myth) have some screwed up deps, due to build system issues, and most kmdl packages are missing or incomplete. But if you want to install MythTV on a PowerPC Fedora Core 4 system, here's the yum repo file to use:

[atrpms-ppc]
name=ATrpms for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://people.atrpms.net/~jwilson/fc4-ppc/RPMS.atrpms/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Then simply "yum install mythtv-suite", just like on x86/x86_64. :)

No gpg sig to check. These will (hopefully) all get re-rolled in the future as official ATrpms packages, but for now, they're available for the adventurous to play with... (oh yeah, they're 0.18.1-based packages, with a number of gcc4/ppc fixes applied on top of them).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com