[mythtv] slow response to delete recording

Andrew Wilson migmog at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 01:32:21 UTC 2005

I'm using SVN 8079 on a DVB-T setup. Found the following odd behaviour:
- Watch recording
- Press D to quit and delete it when credits roll but before end of
recorded file.
- Observe slow redraw of frontend GUI and disk thrashing for ~ 1 minute

This is happening to me approx one time in three.

>From looking at the logs, the big thrash is in
DecoderBase::DoFastForward()... which begs the question why is it
doing this when I just want to quit out of the recording and delete
it...

Should I raise a ticket?

BTW, kudos to you guys - it's much more stable than last time I updated.

cheers
Andrew