[mythtv] SVN issues

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Dec 4 01:13:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 00:55 +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> >> I experimented a bit with ppmtoy4m and changed -n15 to -n150, i
> >> asume this is the number of frames in the dummy stream,
> > Yep.
> I experimented a little more and found that anything less than 23 frames
> causes a greenish blocky video in windows.
> At 23 it works just fine, i can see my green text just fine.
Can you try the attached dummy stream? It uses -n30 for ppmtoy4m and
-G15 to mpeg3enc so that we have two GOPs with exactly 15 frames each.
If it works for you, I'll make it the new default.

> I also tested with two different png files (one with more text and one with
> just a small dot) to see if the size of the dummy streams had anything to do
> with it and it doesn't, it's the number of frames that counts.
Yeah, the dummy stream is padded out with null packets to avoid
buffering problems with small files.

-- Daniel