[mythtv] SVN issues

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 2 14:15:04 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 23:06 +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> A problem with this dummy stream is that when it's played on windows it is
> displayed as lots of colorfull boxes all over.
By "windows", you mean Microsoft Windows? I didn't know that the
MS Windows frontend was working.

> I tried to change the dummy stream by using contrib/mkdummyts.sh but i
> didn't have much luck with it.
DummyDTVRecorder.cpp contains a comment listing different ways to
generate streams. Can you also try breaking up the different commands
and run one at a time until you can find which one is failing and
then replying with the output of the particular command that failed?

> The streams that come with myth have one tiny box at the lower right corner
> and because of overscan i can never see if it's using the dummy stream or if
> its just black for other reasons.
It's meant to be unobtrusive, but if you can get the mkdummyts.sh
working you can generate your own streams. My cable provider for
instance uses a black screen with green terminal style text that
says something like "no signal detected." when their network feed
goes out.

-- Daniel