[mythtv] Mythcommflag eats memory

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Aug 31 23:28:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 10:40:00PM +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> Recently mythcommflag have started to eat loads of memory for some reason.
> When i looked the memory usage was around 800Mb or so and then it gets
> killed by the oom killer, but not before the oom killer kills mythbackend.
>
> Any one else seen this? Or have any clues why it happens?

Seen it. Best idea I've currently got is that the memory is being
held within libavformat.

It's almost like we are grabbing the data to analyse then not
remembering to give it back.

Luckily for me the oom killer hasn't visited yet.
450Mb over the duration of a F1GP.

Do you see it happen on some recordings and not others?

Stuart