[mythtv] H.264 and mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 31 19:33:22 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 31 August 2005 02:49 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>That's a 4400+ dual-core, right?  I'm guessing that only one core is
>>being used for the decoding (leaving the other one to perform other
>>system-related tasks).  I'm guessing you're using MPlayer, right?  Have
>>you run it with the -benchmark option to see the frequency/number of
>>dropped frames?  (Obviously not important if the quality looks good, but
>>would be interesting.)
>>

>Using myth as I said, not mplayer, so the threading's the same as normal myth
>stuff.  But, yes, it's dual core.  No dropped frames, obviously.

Sweet.  That just raised the cost of my HDTV Myth setup
significantly...  Oh well.  It's worth the money for Myth.  :)  So,
thanks for the info--AND for Myth, BTW.

>>BTW, I can't believe you found Serenity's HD trailer in QT format.
>>

>It's been on apple's site for months now. =)

Wow.  They sure don't make it easy to find.  Had to search for "Serenity
trailer" on the main Apple site.  Searching from the trailers page only
gave me the 480x272 Serenity Trailer 2.

Mike