[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Mark Weaver mark-clist at npsl.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 03:57:34 UTC 2005

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Here is the list of problems I'm aware of:
>
> * Exiting Live TV when there is no signal broken  (Adam Egger)
>     No idea why, but I have an idea of how to debug.
>
> If anyone feels left out let me know :)

Related to the above, when tuning to an off-air channel (as discussed
before, in the UK these usually switch to a data stream of some sort),
you get stuck, as next time entering live tv will attempt to tune to the
same channel (which is helpfully also saved in the database).  Ideally,
some kind of no signal/no video message would be displayed and you'd
just be able to browse to another channel.  I've no idea how difficult
this would be to do though, so another solution might be the appropriate
route.

I also have:

* seeking in LiveTV is broken.  (For me, DVB only).
* channel changing causes some kind of deadlock occasionally

For the latter, my previous patch vs the different method that you came
up with appeared to work ok, although I can't say for certain as they
weren't applied to the same SVN revisions, and plenty else has changed
since then.  (I appreciate that my patch was technically wrong as it is
waiting for the tune to fully complete).

Sorry I'm not making much progress with the above, I haven't really
figured out what the code is doing yet.  I'm more than happy to help
with testing etc until I manage to get up to speed though.

Thanks,

Mark