[mythtv] livetv seeking bug

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Aug 30 00:11:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 00:52 +0100, Mark Weaver wrote:
> With current SVN (and revisions going back to at least 7133, possibly
> before), when seeking live TV after changing channels, I sometimes see
> data from previous channels.
> Could some one point me at the appropriate place to start debugging this?
I'm not entirely up on this, but I debugged some seeking
problems not to long ago so I'll chime in.

My guess would be DecoderBase::SyncPositionMap(), which copies
portions of the position map from the backend to the frontend.
I believe this tries to only copy the new portions of the position
map, and there may be some problems with how position map resets
are handled.

But it could also be a problem with the position map itself, in
which case DTVRecorder::HandleKeyframe(void) or TVRec could be
the problem. I think this less likely.

-- Daniel