[mythtv] new feature saving the ring buffer

Marcelo Toledo marcelo at marcelotoledo.org
Mon Aug 29 20:40:52 UTC 2005

I am looking forward in implementing a new feature that will save the
ring buffer. What it will do: While watching live tv you might save what
has past and still in the ringbuffer, so you will press a key
combination and it will store what have been recorded as a recorded show
with the name "Live TV date hour".

This is not an easy task and we have a few problems, including:

1. The file header is missing
2. The ring buffer can loop

I would like to hear possible problems and suggestions of how can I fix
them.

cheers,
--
Marcelo Toledo