[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Aug 26 12:48:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 08:07:48AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> If not we could disable signal monitoring for this card.
> You could change SignalMonitor::IsSupported() to return
> false if the card is a dvb-ttpci card. And use the same
> detection code in DVBChannel and check for a lock in Tune
> if it is a dvb-ttpci card. Or, you could get the driver
> devs to fix the problem...

The ioctls that are used in the signal monitoring appear
be "nice to have's" for each driver.

It's only in 2.6.12 that my card's had support for 3 out of 4
of the ioctls. Before that they all failed as unsupported.

I think we will have to examine the way we do thing, use
the signal monitor if the drivers support enough functionality,
otherwise we will have to fall back to more simplistic
behaviour.

Stuart