[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7133 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 26 01:55:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 22:16 +0100, Allan Stirling wrote:
> 2005-08-25 22:09:05.942 PSIP packet failed CRC check. pid(0x104) type(0x2)

Ok, I'm ignoring your second problem for now. Attached is a patch
that will print out the PMT that is failing the CRC check. If it
looks ok then maybe we can just pretend that it is OK based on
some option or hardware detection rutine.

If it the PMT looks ok to you, you can try skipping the CRC check
altogether when (TableID::PMT == psip->TableID()). See if that lets
you tune. The CRC check should hardly ever fail for the PMT table
unless there is a problem at the transmitter. There are layers of
ECC protection before the CRC, and that table is sent so infrequently
as compared to say EIT tables, that you shouldn't see any CRC failures
on it by chance.

-- Daniel