[mythtv] svn 7080-7130 breaks DVB recording

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 25 17:28:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 18:07 +0100, Allan Stirling wrote:
> David Shirley wrote:
> > Hi All, (and Daniel :P)

> > Applied updates from 7080 upto 7130 and now my scheduled recordings fail:
> > 2005-08-25 13:34:11.257 WaitForPMT: seen(1) matching(0)
> > 2005-08-25 13:34:14.054 TVRec: Timed out waiting for lock -- aborting
> > recording

> This is probably the same thing I'm finding. I'm trying to track it down
> at the moment.

This is probably two different problems. If it saw a PMT but it
didn't match, as indicated by the "WaitForPMT" message, it means
that the the streams are encrypted and cardinput.freetoair is set
to one, or the PMT does not contain both a video and audio stream.
This is debuggable by sticking a pmt->toString() somewhere in
DTVSignalMonitor::SetPMT() and looking at the raw PMT and the
factors listed above.

> It broke in change 7119. I'm wondering if the dvb-ttpci is having issues
> with events while the tablemonitor is running.
But we block on events in DVBChannel long before the table monitor is
turned on. If disabling table monitoring is fixing the problem for
you, then maybe the card doesn't work once you have turned on table
monitoring once. It might be interesting to see if any events are
being sent to the table monitoring file descriptor. It's possible
the tuning events are being sent to the wrong file.

> worked around the issue for me, however, this doesn't apply to current CVS.
You can stick a return statement as the first statement in
setup_mpeg_table_monitoring()... for the same effect.

-- Daniel