[mythtv] dbox feed

Andrew atp4 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 24 23:33:18 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 23:22, Steven wrote:
> Andrew schreef:
> > On Monday 22 August 2005 23:59, Steven wrote:
> >>Anybody here that uses this with current svn?
> >>I can't get it to work. The epg scanning works, but I can't record or
> >>use live-tv at all and I don't see anything usefull in the (verbose)
> >>logs to help me out.
> >>
> >>Steven
> >
> > Im using svn but unable to make it work since 7023 im getting
> >
> > 2005-08-24 10:06:48.617 DBOX#5: Loading channels...
> > 2005-08-24 10:06:48.617 DBOX#5: Reading channel list from dreambox:80
> > 2005-08-24 10:06:48.617 DBOX#5: Channel instantiated.
> > 2005-08-24 10:06:48.617 DBOX#5: Channel list not received yet. Will
> > switch to channel 26 later...
> > 2005-08-24 10:06:48.618 ERROR: DBOX2 card configured on video device ,
> > but MythTV was not compiled with DBOX2 support.
> > Recompile MythTV with DBOX2 support or remove the card
> > from the configuration and restart MythTV.
> >
> > Also configure does not say if its going to be included or not.
> >  I can see its enabled, as when compiling it says -DUSING_DBOX2.
> > Ive mucked around a bit with it but cant make it go.
> >
> > Andrew
>
> You had it working before the dbox patch was added to svn?
> I have compared what was added to svn to the original patches but can't
> find any diffs.
>
> I have seen the :
>  > "DBOX2 card configured on video device ,
>  > but MythTV was not compiled with DBOX2 support.
>  > Recompile MythTV with DBOX2 support or remove the card
>  > from the configuration and restart MythTV."
>
> message also but not every time I start the backend. Something with an
> #ifdef going wrong?
>
> Steven

I kind of found out what the problem is but am not able to fix myself. For a
workaround I commented out lines 211 - 223 in tvrec.cpp . I know its not right
but its the only way I can make it work. Hopfully someone will be able to fix
it. I think it might have been broken by changeset 7030.
 I will play around with it some more later on and see if I can fix it
properly. I am no programmer but am sometimes able to change and fix very
simple things.

Andrew