[mythtv] Mythwheather has bug in "extended forecast" screen

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 03:22:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 04:08:57PM -0400, James Armstrong wrote:
> >>Mythwheather has bug in "extended forecast" screen. it showes
> >>error  weekday. for example, today is "Friday", tomorrow should
> >>"Saturday", but in "extended forecast" screen mythweather showes
> >>tomorrow is "Thursday". I use MythTV  0.18.1. How to resolve it?
> >

> >Mine works the other direction generally, getting a day ahead of
> >itself.  I'm wondering if the current weekday check is using UTC or
> >GMT time or something instead of local time.  I'll go poking
> >around,  but I'm not familiar with MythWeather code at all.
>
> Mine too, It shows 'todays current weather', then if I hit next, it
> jumps to the day after tomorrows forecast. If today is Monday, the
> next day it shows the forecast on is Wed. There is no way to show
> Tuesdays forecast.

I don't think there's a real correctness problem:

	- The first page is "current conditions" for today (Monday).
	- The next page is "extended forecast" which has data for Wed,
	  Thu, and Fri.
	- The next page is "tomorrow's outlook" which has tomorrow's
	  forecast (Tuesday).
	- The final page is "doppler radar".

Confusing? Yes. Incomplete? No.

FWIW, I am running current SVN, but I don't think this code has
changed in ages.

--Rob