[mythtv] DVB, Live TV Broken with SVN 7050+

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 05:17:13 UTC 2005

On 22/08/05, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 17:48 -0700, Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> > > It will work, where 1281 is major_chan*256 + minor_chan.
> > > I'm assuming KPIXDT is at 5_1 from a google search.
> >
> > I believe the attribute you are referring to is the atscsrcid.   But,
> > I'm not sure how it is connected to the virtual channel numbers.   The
> > channel in question is on QAM channel 80, and carries PSIP data that
> > maps it to virtual channel 5.1.
> Yep, the calculation is atscsrcid = major_channel * 256 + minor_channel
> There really should be major_channel and minor_channel columns
> in the channel table, but portions of the DVB code were already
> using this mapping so I just continued to use it throughout.
> The major and minor channels have nothing whatsoever to do with
> the frequency, you specify that in dtv_multiplex.frequency.
>
> > But, what about channels that do not contain PSIP data and virtual
> > channel numbers?   I have several channels that are cable-only.   How
> > is the atscsrcid calculated for those?
> Those should have a NULL value for the atscsrcid, and the serviceid
> should be to the program number of the program in the PAT you would
> like to record. Make sure the tvformat in channel is not set to "atsc",
> and make sure the 'sistandard' in dtv_multiplex is "dvb" not "atsc".
>
> I just opened a ticket on adding non-DVB/non-ATSC channels in the
> scanner, you might want keep an eye on it.
>   http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/247
>
> At some point I will probably create an sistandard entry of 'mpeg'
> which will let MythTV deal intelligently with raw MPEG streams.
>
> -- Daniel

LiveTV still appears to be broken for standard DVB-t (UK), Mythtv
either hangs or segfaults when I go into live-tv and recordings fail
to start:(.  I've tried following this discussion but it appears to be
about HDTV although the problem seems similar, is DVB still broken?, I
noticed a load of fixes applied to SVN by you last night but these
didn't seem to fix the problem for me :(

I appreciate this isn't much use without stack-traces etc, but I was
hoping it may jog some memories. My log files cheerfully moan that the
channel's PMT is not set fwiw!
- Ciaran

--
- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants