[mythtv] Some DVB subs bugs

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sun Aug 21 15:21:09 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Have the following 3 bugs related to DVB subs:

1) On some channels (E4 for example), the subtitles are vastly
stretched, that more than the last 1/3 bits of the subs are cut off by
the right side of the screen.  Need to put in some limits?

2) Subtitles doesn't time out - i.e. if there's a long lull in between
subs, the last sub is still shown, and doesn't go away until the next
subs comes on or I press escape.  Annoying for long quiet scenes.

3) Subtitles sometimes breaks when I use skip/jumps - when I skip/jump
sometimes subs won't work, sometimes it needs leaving alone for a minute
or more, sometimes skipping forward and backwards will fix it.  But I
find it's much quicker to save position, exit the recording and go back
in, subs will then work.

There's other bugs but they seem to be in the 0.19 release buglist -
such as pressing escape clears subs instead of showing the menu.

Cheers - Piers