[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7076 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 19 05:27:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 00:30 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 18 August 2005 11:46 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > Ok, then this flag is right.
> >
> > Any idea why avlib seeking doesn't work with LiveTV? I get a bunch of
> > messages about safe_read failing. Perhaps it is because the ring buffer
> > really is a ring buffer and not a linear file in LiveTV? Or, perhaps we
> > need to reset the avlib timecode when using the DummyDTVRecorder?
>
> The libavformat seeking code's basically disabled in live-tv mode.  It's
> implemented poorly, and if the timestamps ever wrap (ie., if you change the
> channel), it starts eating tons of cpu.

Well as of changeset 7076 it is always disabled in LiveTV mode.

But if it avlib seek has problems with timestamp wrapping that
probably explains my problems, since there is basically always
a timestamp discontinuity when using the DummyDTVRecorder and
often timestamp wrapping. Sometimes the avlib seeking worked,
perhaps that was just when timestamps happened to look ok.

-- Daniel