[mythtv] Channel without transmission

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Aug 18 22:15:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 02:00:54PM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> > This actually makes sense, but we can definitely improve upon the
> >
> > red circle (high error rate) &
> > red square (unusable data stream)
> >
> > that the boxes (in the UK at least) display under error conditions.
>
> That sounds useful to me. If you want to improve the
> signal monitoring UI, have a look at TV::UpdateOSDSignal()
> in tv_play.cpp. Currently I'm just reusing the regular OSD
> by setting the infoMap strings differently. But you could
> certainly add new entries to osd.cpp to support red circles
> or squares. They can even be themable if you store them in
> PNG files...

The red circle & square have the user friendliness of a wet
slug on Christmas Day. We have all this graphic processing
power at our disposal so we should at least display a graphic
that can be interpreted as having the same meaning as red circles
and squares.

Anyone good at coming up with pretty pictures????

1) No signal / bad signal etc.
2) High Error Rate (unwatchable)

Stuart