[mythtv] Channel without transmission

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Aug 17 22:06:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:45:45PM +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:

> Another feature request: Instead of skipping a channel wo. transmission
> could we have a default picture with a message: No transmission?
>
> This is the way the commercial boxes work and it certainly is more intuitive.

This actually makes sense, but we can definitely improve upon the

red circle (high error rate) &
red square (unusable data stream)

that the boxes (in the UK at least) display under error conditions.

This would have to be heavily tied into the signal monitoring
stuff that Daniel is working on though. I'm sure we can come up
with some pretty pictures that mean the same thing.....

Stuart