[mythtv] Re: Archiving Shows to DVD

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Aug 15 13:28:37 UTC 2005

I have been using the mythburn scripts successfully for some time on
FC2. I have one question. What is the best way to record HDTV widescreen
shows on DVD? I think they have to be transcoded down to 720x480 and I
think I saw somewhere that there is a wide screen flag that needs to be
set on the DVD. Is there any way to add transcoding to mythburn? This
could go along with the shrinking option that I mentioned a week ago
when there is > 4gig of recording you want to put on a DVD.

Thanks,
James