[mythtv] Re: Archiving Shows to DVD

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Aug 14 09:48:45 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron McCarthy" <mccarthy.aaron at gmail.com>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 5:06 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] AW: [mythtv-users] Re: Archiving Shows to DVD

> I have released a patch (ticket #158) that has similar functionality and
does
> not require any external software (at least not for the cutting of the
MPEG2
> files).  It does GOP accurate cutting of MPEG2 streams and adds DVD Nav
> packets.  It uses myths libavformat/libavcodec to demux and remux the MPEG
> stream.
>
> I've also included a simple UI for authoring DVDs.  I have visions of a
wizard
> with a bunch of templates to create DVD menus etc, but at the moment it
> creates autoplay DVDs.  All from within mythtv.
>
> There are still some issues, but it seems to work with all of the DVB-T
> stations here in Brisbane, Australia.  I have been able to create
DVD-Video
> compatible discs from Standard Definition recordings.
>
> Aaron

Hi Aaron

I didn't know these patches existed. If it works properly it seems a lot
better integrated with myth. Do you know if anyone has tried to cut
PVRx50 recordings with it. I use both DVB-T and PVR250 here in UK.

My only reservation is it uses qt widgets in the wizard. Isaac has already
rejected several patches because of that. The new UI will not use
qt widgets at all.

I think being able to create DVD menu's is a must. An auto play DVD
works fine if there is only one program on it but if you archive 4 or 5
shows on one disk being able to select each show individually is great.

Paul

P.S. did you forget to add the new files to the dvdwizard_v3.patch?