[mythtv] mythlink.sh and mythlink.pl

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 14 07:58:21 UTC 2005

I just thought I'd send out a general announcement about the oft-used
mythlink.sh...  Tonight, I committed a new much-smarter mythlink.sh
script from Mike Dean, to replace the old one from Dale Gass:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/mythlink.sh

However, by the time I realized that it had been submitted, I was
already mostly done with my own perl-based one, so I've committed that
one as well:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/mythlink.pl

(I like mine better, since it auto-detects settings, and is more easily
controlled via the commandline)

So, take your pick -- bash (that calls perl) or pure perl...

-Chris