[mythtv] osx-packager.pl

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:55:02 EDT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 1:32 AM, Nigel Pearson wrote:

>> script I could find and hacked it up to make it "work" with svn.
>> This is not at all complete but it allows for a full self-
>> contained build of mythfrontend with the plugins that compile for
>> mac and the themes.
>>

>     Thanks for doing that, Geoff. On my (10.3.9) machine, it does:

No Problem, I love watching tv wirelessly on my Mac and this is the
easiest way to build myth...  I will try to keep building on a weekly
basis.  Watch http://willamette.edu/~gkruse/
> cd config && qmake config.pro "PREFIX=/Volumes/Backups/.osx-
> packager/build" "QMAKE_LFLAGS+=-Wl,-search_paths_first" "INCLUDEPATH
> +="/Volumes/Backups/.osx-packager/build/include"" "LIBS+=-L/usr/lib
> -L"/Volumes/Backups/.osx-packager/build/lib"" -o Makefile
> Error processing project file: /Volumes/Backups/.osx-packager/src/
> myth-cvs/mythtv/config/config.pro
> make: *** [config/Makefile] Error 2
> [osx-pkg] Failed system call: " /usr/bin/make install " with error
> code 2
> Died at osx-packager.pl line 607.
>
>     A quick touch command lets it complete, but I cannot work out
> why other developers don't have this problem. Anyway, enough whining.

I also had to do this but forgot to mention it.  I have no Idea why.
Speaking of whining, I am no longer able to switch out of myth to
another application once video has started playing an the Mac.
Anyone have an idea?  This used to work, and was really useful.

> * I have checked this file into mythtv/contrib so that we
>   won't have to do the "Does anyone have a recent version
>   of the OS X packaging script?" thing in the future.

There is still some work to be done to make it check out a specific
revision...  currently it will only do the most recent.

> * I changed the "/sw/bin/svn" literals to a variable,
>   to make it easier to change for people who have SVN
>   in a different spot.

It would also be a good idea to make the urls to mysql etc variables
at the top too because these urls seem to change quite often.  I will
make some additional changes to the script when I have some spare
time ;)

Geoff Kruse