[mythtv] MythGame rescan drops favorites

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Aug 8 09:57:22 EDT 2005

> That's really bad.  If I add a new game, there's no way to get it to
> show up without wiping all my settings, short of entering it into the
> database manually.

 I am considering preserving the favourite setting, either through a seperate
status table, or just reading the favourites list into memory when a scan is
done, but will likely never preserve manually edited database info, so manually
update genre's and such will never survive a new scan.

 That being said I've begun work on adding in more metadata gathering
so more of that will be auto filled in.  And there will be a different
"Unknown" genre for each gametype so that rather than one big Unknown list
you would have UnknownSNES, UnknownPCE, etc etc