[mythtv] DVB-EIT in HEAD (05/08/2005)

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Aug 6 19:42:22 EDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:13:31PM +0200, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> >The only time a scanning state would make sense is for those
> >people who must tune to a specific channel to download their
> >EIT data.
> >
> This is very specific though, and requires you to find out which channel
> it is, which differs from Satellite to Satellite. Some EIT data is with

In Australia on DVB-T you would need to periodically visit ALL the
multiplexes.

Our five FTA stations pretend that each other exist, meaning that they
don't reference each other in the NIT data either. (We have to enter and
scan five multiplexes manually, unless using the new frequency scanner.)
The same would be true for EIT data.

Currently they don't transmit full program information anyway (only
current and next program) so it's moot. xmltv is the way.

Hamish