[mythtv] DVB-EIT in HEAD (05/08/2005)

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Sat Aug 6 10:30:04 EDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 10:13:28AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> The long-term solution would be to remove EITHelper class from
> SIScan and create a EITScan class that can do things such as the
> planned EIT crawl. And, of course, create a kState_Scanning
> state in TVRec so we can quit scanning and return the kState_None
> when we need to record something.

The scanning is orthogonal to the rest of the state of the recorder.

Anytime we have the tuner open for reading we are able to get EIT
data. Whether we are watching live tv or recording doesn't matter
as the data is still coming in as part of the stream.

Quite often my backend changes to a channel and starts recording
and over the next 5-10minutes I get updated EIT data as a bonus.

The only time a scanning state would make sense is for those
people who must tune to a specific channel to download their
EIT data.

This would have to come down to something like this.

if(kState == kState_None && have_specific_EIT_channel)
{
	change_to_EIT_channel
	while (no_state_change_wanted)
		gather EIT data.
}

> > Perhaps get rid of the USE_OWN_SIPARSER stuff and just have
> > one siparser that works??
> Nope, the siparser in DVBChannel will be moved to the recorder
> shortly. Hence the USE_OWN_SIPARSER stuff in SIScan.

Makes sense that the channel stuff should only be under tv_rec.
Once we have the siparser there, then we can nuke USE_OWN_SIPARSER.

btw. What do you mean by EIT crawl?
Loop around collecting EIT data??

Stuart