[mythtv] Mismatched tuner status after recording

Patrick A. Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Wed Aug 3 15:51:45 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 11:53:11AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 11:17 -0400, Patrick A. Ouellette wrote:
> > The current SVN (as of 2-AUG-2005, 15:00) exhibits the following
> > problem (actually all the myth versions I've tried have done this):
> >
> > After the scheduler records a show, the log file shows switching from
> > recording to none.  The frontend system status display says the tuner is
> > not recording.  If I try to watch live tv I get a message that the tuner
> > is busy recording.  No additional scheduled recordings happen either,
> > until I stop and start the backend process.
> >
> > System Configuration:
> >
> > pcHDTV-3000  (using DVB drivers)
> > Debian testing
> > Kernel
> >
> > Any pointers as to where to look for this problem?
> Run the backend with "-v record,channel" and the frontend with
> "-v playback,channel". This should tell you what state the TV
> and TVRec state machines are in, and what the DVBChannel class
> is doing.
Ok, after recording my backend log file is full of "Uncorrectable error
in packet, dropped." messages.  The program recorded fine.  The messages
start at the end of the recording.

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"